Table of Contents
- Washington State Law Posts
- Regulating ICOs
- One-year statute of limitations – Embezzlement
- Regulatory Compliance: It’s the Little Things…
- Fair Chance – Washington
- WA Consumer Protection Law applies extraterritorially
- Collapse of building for insurance purposes
- Waiver Under Washington’s Deed of Trust Act Permitted Where Technical Violations Did Not Harm Plaintiff
- State Supreme Court Finds Washington’s Anti-SLAPP Statute Violates Right to Jury Trial
- Business Liability for Foreseeable Harm
- Failure to Reconvey: Quiet Title Without a Quiet Title Action
Washington State Law Posts
Note our disclaimer – these materials are no substitute for legal advice. The articles may be out of date, be incomplete, contain errors, or not be relevant to the fact situation you are researching. Do not rely on the information found on this website to make a legal or business decision.
Regulatory penalties can be devastating for a company, yet many companies, especially small companies, fail to plan for or devote resources to regulatory compliance. These companies can be confused and incredulous when they become the focus of investigations or sanctions and may delay responding until their very existence is at stake. Proper counsel can help companies understand regulators’ focus which helps them to prepare for and address compliance issues in a timely manner.
Under the CPA an out-of-state plaintiff may bring a claim.against a Washington corporate defendant for allegedly deceptive acts. Similarly, an out:of-state plaintiff may bring a CPA claim against an out-of-state defendant for the allegedly deceptive acts of its in-state agent.
What do you do when a seller fails to reconvey the title to property following payment of the loan, then dies? Failure to reconvey puts a cloud on the title that must be quieted. Quiet title actions can be drawn out and expensive. Is there a way to obtain a quiet title without the quiet title action? This article explores four possible tools for obtaining a quiet title outside a traditional quiet title action.